Pages

Sunday 27 July 2014

Sunday Sessions #4 - Vinyl Revival

During my last weekend in London, I visited the East End branch of Rough Trade, a fantastic vinyl store just off Brick Lane. 

I got two records on this visit, the first was Laura Marling's third album 'A Creature I Don't Know', one of my favourite Laura Marling albums, the only one of her four albums which wasn't nominated for a Mercury Music prize. With a similar singing style to that of Joni Mitchell, her voice sounds even more perfect being played from a vinyl. 


The second - 'Cold Fact' by Rodriquez. The 'Sugar Man''s first album was which made him famous and more popular than Elvis in South Africa in the 1970's. The album features the hugely catchy 'I Wonder' which I remember hearing on the radio when I was younger and loving it completely. As he originally wasn't very successful in the US, he was dropped by his label after his second album, but he began producing his long awaited third album in 2013. Rodriguez's first two albums got re released in 2009 and he has achieved very belated success in the USA. 

Livvy x





0 comments:

Post a Comment