Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Roisin O


I just had to let you all know about a great artist from Dublin - Róisín O. Her mother is Mary Black, so music must run through her like a stick of Blackpool rock.

She has recently finished supporting her mother on her UK tour, my parents bought me her record The Secret Life Of Blue from one of her shows as they thought I'd like it, they thought right - I'm just sorry I wasn't there to see her play live!

The Secret Life Of Blue was actually released in 2012, it reached 21 in the Irish top 100 when it was released - all I could think on my first listen was "how have I not heard of her before!?!"


Track listing
Here We Go 
Synchronicity 
Climb High 
How Long 
Filled With Snow 
Hold On 
Let's Find Some People 
Tea Song 
You Owe Me a Drink 
Find the Light 
The Secret Life of Blue


You can hear the Irish folk roots in her voice, especially in track one Here We Go.
Track 7, Let's Find Some People is a great uplifting track telling us not to let life pass us by. Each track tells us a different story - another great Irish folk trait - Roisin gives her record a contemporary pop feel while not straying from her roots. 

One of my favourite tracks is How Long - check out this amazing acoustic performance using vocal harmonisers.


Her latest single is a great anthem about being in love and was used in the recent Irish referendum for marriage equality - check it out here

I can only hope she tours again soon, I'm definitely a huge fan.

Livvy x

0 comments:

Post a Comment