Pages

Saturday 23 November 2013

Stereophonics - 14th November and KT Tunstall - 16th November

Apologies for a late post about these gigs, I don't know where the time goes, but I'll crack on anyway. 



Last week I saw two incredible gigs; the first was Stereophonics at the Manchester Arena on the 14th November, I have only recently got into Stereophonics because Tom is a massive fan, before I met him I'd hardly listened to them, but now I'm very much a Stereophonics fan, so, thanks Tom!

The show was really great, they began with 'Catacomb' and they played a super long set of around 23/24 songs, including many from their latest album 'Graffiti On The Train' and many old hits. They had a very special guest join them to sing 'Mama Told Me Not To Come' - the one and only, Tom Jones. He is the epitome of cool and he sounded incredible singing with Kelly Jones. The show ended with one of their biggest hits 'Dakota'.



On the 16th I saw one of my hero's for the fourth time, the one and only KT Tunstall at the gorgeous Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. I got to go home for the weekend too which was so nice, it felt so good to be back in my city! KT was outstanding as usual. She used to play with a full band as well as utilising her loop pedal, but on this tour, she was solo (plus the famous loop pedal - the wee bastard as she calls it). I was in awe of her throughout the whole show, she began with 'Invisible Empire' and played an incredible set of new and many old songs, as well as one of my favourites 'Through The Dark' from her first album. I can't describe how much I admire this woman, her voice is beautiful, she showed her range and skill finishing with 'Chimes' from her latest album "Invisible Empire//Crescent Moon"

0 comments:

Post a Comment