Pages

Monday 22 July 2013

People always ask "Why?"

I'm studying Music at Salford University, and I'm always asked "Why?" when I am asked if I study performance, and my answer is no. I love playing my guitar and singing, it is one of the very few things I find easy in my life, and I enjoy doing it for fun, but getting assessed for my performance and being graded for my degree, it just isn't for me. I do admire my friends and people that do it though. There is always a disapproving look when I explain my reasons. I want to write about music, music and people fascinate me. How certain songs and pieces of music make people feel, how music is a way to express deep emotions, why certain pieces of music make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck? Gender, Sex and Politics in music, Popular culture, and the 'Celebrity' phenomenon. The list is endless.
This blog will be probably sporadic, but I aim for it to document completing my degree (If that does ever happen), maybe getting a career, reviews, opinions, maybe a book review here and there, dreams of mine and probably the odd outlet of anxiety filled panic. So read away if you want to...


Livvy x

0 comments:

Post a Comment