Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

Fleetwood Mac - Manchester arena - October 1st



Tuesday night proved that Fleetwood Mac have still got it. Three words - they were incredible.

Fleetwood Mac played from 8:20pm to around 11:10. Without a break. I had been wondering if they would still have the power as 60 somethings that they had in there 20's/30's, and they certainly did. They prove that age, it's just a number.

Stevie Nicks' voice is still as haunting and powerful as ever. John McVie and Mick Fleetwood's rhythm section is still faultless, and Lindsey Buckingham still has a rocking voice and unbelievable guitar playing.

This tour is their 'Rumours' 35th anniversary tour, so without a doubt they opened the show with track one of 'Rumours' - "Second Hand News".

The show was outstanding, playing their hits from 'Rumours', 'Tusk', 'Tango In The Night' and a couple from their newest EP, they rocked the whole night away, ending with two of my favourite songs - "Silver Springs" and "Say Goodbye".

Honestly, I'm finding it hard to find the words that can describe how I felt seeing my favourite band, I cried, danced, cheered and sang with the rest of the 18000 seated arena. I know I'm only 20, but for years I have been saying that I have to see Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen one day before I die; and this year I have been lucky enough to see both of these outstanding acts. 

Livvy x

1 comments:

  1. I love fleetwood mac too, of course i love dreams but the chain is my favourite it's amazing, i wish music was still like this. Wonderful post made me really nostalgic for the great tunes of the past. I can't wait for more posts xoxo

    ReplyDelete