Pages

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Life

I attended a funeral yesterday of a work colleague,  I had known him for about 3 years, and he was just 5 years older than me. 

I'm lucky that this was the first funeral I had been to, I was too young to remember my mums mum and dad passing, I didn't get taken to their funerals.

Safe to say it was a great shock, as it was for everybody there, seeing his family and hearing them cry, hearing his girlfriend's speech, seeing another friend from work carry his coffin, it was so heartbreaking.

I didn't know what to say to anyone, what do you say at a time like that? I don't know what to say about it now, I can't put it into words how heartbreaking it is. 

It's terrible but positive at the same time that such a horrible event has given me a massive shake, I am going to do my upmost to enjoy every day and not regret. I am going to try even harder to stop my chronic worrying and just live. Life really is too short.

Rest In Peace Lyam, I hope we can meet again some day.


Make the years count.


Livvy x

0 comments:

Post a Comment